[CMake] Can't get debug symbols with Visual Studio 2012

David Demelier demelier.david at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 12:16:46 EDT 2013

Hi there,

I try to compile my application using CMake + VS2012. Running with
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug will build with debug symbols, however when
trying to debug VS2012 stills says "break points won't be reached, no
debug file has been loaded for this document".

But before running I have :

irccd.exe' (Win32) : Chargé
'C:\Users\markand\Documents\irccd\_build_\irccd\Debug\irccd.exe'. Les
symboles ont été chargés.

Which definitely means "symbols has been loaded".

My CMakeLists.txt basically contains the following :

project(irccd-all)

if (WIN32)
    add_definitions("-D_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS")
    set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG_INIT "/MDd /EHsc")
endif ()

add_subdirectory(irccd)

And the CMakeLists.txt from irccd/ sub directory :

project(irccd)

set(SOURCES
    main.cpp
    Irccdctl.cpp