[CMake] Re: ExternalProject feature regenerating the configure script

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Tue Jul 30 11:36:19 EDT 2013

> The never-ending debate about fixes versus workarounds starts up
> again.  :-)

> ... for everybody in the future who
> would otherwise be tripping over this issue.  So I hope he goes for
> the fix rather than the workaround, but that is obviously up to him.

Sure. I’m not going to debate that. A fix of the timestamp issue is obviously the right way to go here for the benefit of all.

I was just pointing out there are other alternatives the original poster can use to make it work immediately with nearly zero effort.

The timestamp issue should be fixed. But so should the 1,000 other open bugs against CMake.