[CMake] Cmake: Combine C++ and C in DLLS created with MinGW

Donald Robinson drobinson at essa.com
Fri Jul 26 22:49:18 EDT 2013

I have a Cmake project with 3 DLLs; 1 based on pure Fortran, 2 based on pure
C. I now have some C++ I want to add to one of the C-based DLLs.

Adding to CMakeLists.txt works fine when the target solution is Visual
Studio 2010, but I'm not having any luck with MinGW.

MinGW builds create OBJ files for C and C++, but the output DLL is missing
the C++ component.

C and C++ use 'extern __declspec(dllexport)'  and 'extern "C"
__declspec(dllexport)' respectively.

Any advice would be welcome on what I am doing wrong, or whether I need to
put the C++ in another DLL

Thanks for an amazing tool, Don