[CMake] Add subdirectories to custom target and adding custom target to VS solution

riderchap kannan.sivasankaran at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 14:47:37 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am trying to this:
1. I need a custom build target (I know, I it can create it with
custom_target), but I want it to get added to the visual studio solution.
Now when I create a custom target I see the project file in the folder but
it is not shown/added in the VS solution, when I open the VS solution in VS
IDE.

2. I need to add subdirectories (which has CMakeLists.txt in them) to the
custom target, so that these projects will get added to the custom target
and when the custom target is build these projects will get build.

Basically another line of build like ALL_BUILD. When ALL_BUILD is build,
only the projects (subdirectories) added to it will get build. When the
custom target is build only the projects (subdirectories) added to the
custom target will get build.

Is it possible to do something like this?

Thank you so much for your time and help!

--RC