[CMake] CDash questions

Jon Hodgson jonhodgson.devlists at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 19 06:55:48 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of setting up automatic builds using CMake,
CTest and CDash

So far I've got builds working, and subprojects seem to be successfully
implemented, but there are a few things it would be useful to know.

1) Is there a way to quickly remove multiple builds from the dashboard?
since I'm currently still setting up scripts I'm doing a lot of builds to
test things, and with so many builds on the dashboard, it can be hard to
see the wood for the trees... which brings me on to question 2..

2) It seems that the default display (when I just select the "dashboard"
link) shows some sort of cumulation of warnings and errors from a previous
set of builds.
a) is that correct behaviour? In which case, what is the starting point of
the cummulative? Is it all builds since the nightly build time?
b) Can I change it? I don't want to see how many errors I've had today, I
want to see how many errors there were in the last build done on that
system.

3) Currently, though the builds are on a per subproject basis, and
configure is also called on that basis, the configuration is always for the
whole project, is there a standard method for passing a subproject option
to the CMake for my CMake scripts to configure subprojects individually
(giving more useful information in the "configuration" columns of the
subprojects.

4) Submission times are an hour out. Daylight savings time is not being
applied somewhere... any clues where I should look?

thanks in advance

Jon