[CMake] Build Number

Norbert Schultz zaiib at gmx.net
Tue Jul 16 05:31:49 EDT 2013

Hello,

Am Mittwoch, den 03.07.2013, 13:24 +0000 schrieb Renan Biegelmeyer da
Silva:

> [.. Build dependencies ..]
> So, my question is:
>
> Is there a way to detect a rebuilt (code has NOT changed) and
> increment it’s build number? And when code change increment it’s patch
> number?

I don't think that CMake can trigger the build. It will however rebuild
if some dependency (e.g. library) is newer than before the build was.

For triggering  I would suggest a Build Server like Hudson who can be
configured to know all dependencies and to trigger rebuilds.

Greetings,
- nob