[CMake] Xcode generator fails to heed add_custom_command() DEPENDS

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.net
Sun Jul 14 18:39:39 EDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-07-14 at 19:35 +0000, David Cole wrote:
> >      DEPENDS ${targetname}
>
> Instead of using a targetname here in the add_custom_command call, use
> a file name. That’s known to work with the Xcode generator. (I
> think... it’s been a while since I did it personally using Xcode, but
> simple to try...)

Thanks for the note David.  Unfortunately this doesn't help.  It's not
clear what you mean, exactly, by "use a file name", but I tried this:

  get_property(myapp_path TARGET myapp PROPERTY LOCATION)

then I used "${myapp_path}" in the DEPENDS line instead of
"${targetname}", but I got the same failure as before.