[CMake] CPack RPM with COMPONENTS packaging

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 05:26:21 EDT 2013

2013/7/4 oji <oji at argentina.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Is this patch going to be applied to cmake anytime soon? I'm also in the
> need of having custom templates per components, but we prefer not to change
> third parties tools.

Hi,

If you speak of Theodore proposal it has been merged to master in May:
Merge: 6c74306 2ef908f
Author: Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>
Date:   Thu May 16 14:35:55 2013 -0400

    Merge topic 'CPackRPM-componentizedUserSpecFile'

    2ef908f Add support for componentized USER spec file

commit 2ef908f91147928fb3b37a8439784341eb82ea6a
Author: Eric NOULARD <eric.noulard at gmail.com>
Date:   Mon Apr 1 16:06:22 2013 +0200

    Add support for componentized USER spec file

    CPACK_RPM_USER_BINARY_SPECFILE can now be specified on a per-component
    basis using CPACK_RPM_<componentName>_USER_BINARY_SPECFILE.

    Inspired-By: Theodore Papadopoulo with its patch proposal.

But for some reason they weren't merged in for 2.8.11 (I can't remember why).
I bet this will be in 2.8.12.

Now concerning this particular issue:

Like I said on the tracker, I welcome patch to review.

Before that, may be you can try master and check what you miss ?
--
Erk
L'élection n'est pas la démocratie -- http://www.le-message.org