[CMake] So Long

Andreas Mohr andi at lisas.de
Wed Jan 30 22:06:28 EST 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 07:56:23PM -0500, cmake-request at cmake.org wrote:
> From: David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>
>
> Howdy folks,
>
> Thought I'd ping the CMake mailing lists one last time before I have to
> give up "david.cole at kitware.com"... ;-)
>
> For those of you that haven't heard yet, I've just embarked on a new
> adventure with a little startup company called Neocis Inc.

Aww shucks, what a loss!
The Kitware team has been doing a very admireable job at maintaining
the CMake beast (pig? ;) and being very reactive.
Thus it's quite sad to see a rather sizeable part of this success moving on.

Anyway, I'm sure you have very good reasons for changing tracks -
sometimes in life one needs to embrace new challenges.

> CMake is too awesome not to use: it tries to take on the monumental, nearly
> impossible task of abstracting software build systems for dozens of
> platforms, and keep up to date with the new ones that come out, and does a
> quite admirable job. I trust this community will continue to provide
> stable, reliable, regular releases of CMake well into the future. In fact,
> I'm counting on it.

There's nothing to add to that.

> David Cole
> (still sorta reachable via DLRdave at aol.com)