[CMake] CPack DEB dependencies

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Mon Jan 28 16:27:54 EST 2013

On Monday, January 28, 2013 10:07:04 PM Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2013/1/28 Clinton Stimpson <clinton at elemtech.com>:
> > When I try installing a cpack generated .rpm package on another machine,
> > it
> > also installs a handful of other dependent packages (including the 32 bit
> > libc.so.6 for one of the 32 bit executables among all the 64 bit ones).
> >
> > But a cpack generated .deb package isn't that smart.
>
> This is because CPackRPM uses rpmbuild which usually have a builtin step
> for auot-discovering basic dependencies. At least if you build it on the
> same platform/distro you'll be installing it.
>
> > Is there any way to fix
> > this, either in cpack or in my cpack config?
>
> You can try to set CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_SHLIBDEPS to ON.
> Read the doc to see why it is not on by default:
> cpack --help-variable CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_SHLIBDEPS

There is a typo in that help.  It has the word "toi"

Ok, I'm running into that probably of not finding dependencies within my own
package.  In the package, there are some 3rd party plugins without rpaths
(these plugins don't need them), but it complains about not finding dependent
libraries.
Do you know if there is some what to give it the path?

I'm hoping for something like this in my cpack config (which doesn't work):
set(ENV{LD_LIBRARY_PATH} "$ENV{DESTDIR}/${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib")

I'm curious why rpmbuild didn't have this problem, do you know?

And why would automatic dependencies be ON by default for RPM but not for DEB?

--
Clinton Stimpson
Elemental Technologies, Inc