[CMake] CMake 2.8.10 with Xcode 4.4.1

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jan 14 13:56:04 EST 2013

On 01/13/2013 09:37 PM, Asmodehn Shade wrote:
>         bash-3.2$ xcodebuild Tutorial.xcodeproj/
>         === BUILD AGGREGATE TARGET ZERO_CHECK OF PROJECT Tutorial WITH THE DEFAULT CONFIGURATION (Debug) ===
>         Check dependencies
>         unsupported build action 'Tutorial.xcodeproj'

The xcodebuild command does not take the .xcodeproj as an argument.
You need to use "-project $proj" if there is more than one project
in a directory.  Otherwise you do not need to specify it at all.

> 2) cmake --build . --config Debug works too :
> /** BUILD SUCCEEDED **/
>
> => Does cmake --build . --config Debug does something special ?

It runs a valid xcodebuild command line.

> => Another thing to consider is that my original project fails to
> build *in the IDE*, with the same error as Nicholas previously stated
> in this thread :
[snip]
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/Users/alexandre.vincent/Projects/my_project/prj/iOS/CMakeFiles/2.8.10/CMakeCCompiler.cmake', needed by `CMakeFiles/cmake.check_cache'.
[snip]
> So is it possible that the Tutorial sample problem may not match the
> actual cause of the original problem ?

Yes.  The tutorial build does work as seen with "cmake --build".
There must be something about the project itself that is different
from the tutorial example and triggers the problem.

Can you provide a small example project that does reproduce the
problem?

-Brad