[CMake] ctest & git submodules

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Feb 26 14:40:10 EST 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Clinton Stimpson <clinton at elemtech.com> wrote:

> Thanks.  I may have to do that for now.
>
> However, it seems to me that ctest already does a
> git submodule update --recurse
> but its missing the --init flag to deal with changes to the .gitmodules file.

It also misses git submodule sync to deal with changes in git
submodule URL, and reset --hard etc. We have just been dealing with a
few of these issues and currently call git directly to sync, init, and
then use submodule foreach to reset and clean all submodules before
updating.

I wonder if any of these are good candidates for adding to ctest in the future.

Marcus