[CMake] CPack: Packaging debug and release configurations in a single zip

Patrick Johnmeyer pjohnmeyer+cmake at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 13:54:57 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Yngve Inntjore Levinsen <
yngve.levinsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you are fighting the tool in any case, because you are asking to
> build multiple configurations in one build folder (?). Normally you would
> create one build folder per configuration.. Which I guess is what you are
> doing today.

No, the Visual Studio generator is not a "*single-configuration
generator"*. all
configurations are bundled into the single generated solution file. This is
the standard behavior of CMake under "basic" usage.

Your solution using ExternalProject looks promising, though, I will try
this out. Thanks!