[CMake] Visual studio november CTP compiler?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Sun Feb 3 07:52:28 EST 2013

On 2/2/2013 8:46 PM, terje loe wrote:
> Anyone know how I can setup cmake to change the visual studio compiler
> to the CTP november C++ compiler?
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2012/11/02/visual-c-c-11-and-the-future-of-c.aspx
Looks interesting.

"After downloading and installing the program, you can launch Visual
Studio 2012, load your C++ project and you can switch to the new
compilers.We recommend you can create a separate project configuration
from menu Build > Configuration Manager by duplicating your existing
configuration and then follow the steps below:

     Open Project Property Pages (Alt+F7 under the Visual C++ mappings)
     From the ‘General’ tab, change ‘Platform toolset’ from ‘Visual
Studio 2012 (v110)’ to ‘Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler Nov 2012 CTP
(v120_CTP_Nov)’ and close the Property Pages
     Launch a full rebuild of your project"

Sounds like you could run cmake, then follow the above steps to get it
working.  Sounds like it might require some cmake changes to support it
directly.  The usual process would be to generate a project, follow the
above steps, then diff the files and figure out what cmake will need to
create this natively.

--
Bill Hoffman
Kitware, Inc.