[CMake] How to find/run external host executables when using cross compiling

Eric Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 17:32:54 EST 2013

I'm currently trying to port a rather large, complex project to
Android. It has an existing CMake project so I'm trying to leverage
that. I've taken and enhanced one of the Android-CMake toolchains I've
found.

This particular project I'm porting has unfortunate dependencies on
running the host system's Perl, Python, and Ruby interpreters to do
various kinds of on-the-fly code generation.

The problem I'm having is that with the cross-compilation toolchain,
none of these (host) dependencies are found with CMake (I think it
uses FindPackage) because the cross-compilation toolchain has
sandboxed off everything to look in the target toolchain which won't
have Perl/Python/Ruby (which is completely reasonable; I'm not
complaining).

But I need to solve this problem and figure out how to find/invoke the
host Perl/Python/Ruby/etc so my cross-compile can work.

Can anybody give me suggestions on how I should approach this?

Thanks,
Eric
--
Beginning iPhone Games Development