[CMake] Can CMake confgure shorter cmmand argments?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 02:06:15 EDT 2013

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 17:42:17 -0400, Bill Hoffman
<bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:

>On 8/8/2013 4:14 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> Do you mean that I should start cmake from the command line and then
>> configure and generate the project again?
>> Should I clear the binary folder first to make a clean slate?
>> Or can I keep the data already there and just make a new generate?

>You might get away with re-running cmake from the command line.

I will try that when I have my test W7 PC on-line again. It has been
hibernated to make room for other virtual machines I need...

>You could also just create a very simple project to make it easier.

I have no knowledge of how CMake is set up or how to use it for a
project other than the directions from the VTK project I am trying to
build. VTK apparently contains what is needed to configure CMake usage
within its sources.
But I don't know how it works....

>From your earlier email, it looked like you tracked down where it should have
>been setting the temp file variables. Some place must be clobbering
>them later on.

I searched the CMake output directory tree for some clues based on
what I see in the make command window in terms of errors and commands.
The binary tree is an output of CMake where one later executes the
command "make" to build the VTK libraries. The VTK developers are the
ones who have used CMake commands and whatever in their source tree to
make CMake work to create the build binary tree.

>You could also add some message statements to print out the temp file
>variables in the project.

Don't know how to do that....

--
Bo Berglund