[CMake] Feature Request: performing the "Configure" step but not Generation with cmake command line tool (as in cmake-gui and ccmake)

tetractius tetractius at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 10:20:44 EDT 2013

Hi,

Sometimes ago I asked for the following feature with ID 0013359:

The issue has been pushed back in the backlog. In the mean I added a patch.
Recently I updated it with the last version of cmake in in git. I wonder if
there was any space for this to be reviewed and in case integrated in the
main line, since is it pretty safe.

The details were the following:

Feature Request: possibility to perform only the "Configure" step but not
Generation with cmake command line tool (as is possible in cmake-gui and
ccmake).

I'm dealing with a very huge project (around 150 targets). Each target is
defined in its own CMakeLists.txt inside the hierarchy and defines some
variable for exposing some functionality related to the target its self
(i.e. include path needed for using a library). But we have some cross
dependencies.

Because of that we have to perform a 2 step generation for creating the
right cache.