[CMake] How does CMake decide which compiler it should use?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 09:38:53 EDT 2013

I have one instance of C++Builder XE4 installed and when I run CMake
it goes about testing the compiler before reaching the point where I
can select any sources to generate makefiles for.

But if I install two older versions of C++Builder in addition to the
XE4 version, there will be 3 complete C++Builder installations each
with its own compiler and toolchain.

I may also install Visual Studio 6 and Visual Studio 2012 adding to
the confusion by now having 2 more toolchains on the same computer.

So how can CMake decide which compiler it should use while testing????

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden