[CMake] Can CMake confgure shorter cmmand argments?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 00:48:27 EDT 2013

On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 19:25:38 +0200, Rolf Eike Beer
<eike at sf-mail.de> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> I am strugging wth building the Visualization ToolKit package for the
>> Embarcadero RAD studio XE4 compiler.
>> It uses CMake to create the makefiles and prepare for building.
>> Now I have come across a showstopper where the CMake generated command
>> to handle a library uses an exessively long commandline argument.
>> Example:
>
>tl;dr: "please implement response files for this compiler" ;)
>
>Patches welcome.

I don't really understand this response...
The Embarcadero compiler does accept response files, that is what I
tried to explain in my post.
A response file contains the list of files to use with the command and
is specified on the command line using the @ modifier. So
@listfile.txt means that the program will read its further arguments
from that file.
What I wanted to know is if there is a way to configure CMake to use
this possibility....
And specifically HOW one can tell CMake to do this?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden