[CMake] 2.8.11.2, Visual Studio 9 2008 Win64?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Aug 1 15:10:46 EDT 2013

Patrick,

On 08/01/2013 01:41 PM, David Cole wrote:
> He's probably just looking for the generator itself in the cmake
> --help output. They are listed in the dropdown gui if you use cmake-gui...
>
> The Win64 generators are not listed explicitly in the command line
> --help output anymore, although you can still use the same strings
> that you always could to specify them with -G.
[snip]
> The --help output should probably still mention at least one way to
> specify a Win64 generator since none of the listed generators mentions
> anything about Win64.

The generator platform variants were dropped from the documentation by
your generator-factory topic in commit range 9e73b3a..75ebebc.  This
has caused confusion like that raised in this thread.  We need users
to be able to know what they can pass to -G on the command line without
running the GUI.

Please take a look at fixing the help documentation generation to
account for platform variants (possibly filtering out all the WinCE
variants or using a placeholder somehow).

Thanks,
-Brad