[CMake] Why does Project(name NONE) requires CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM?

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Fri Apr 19 14:18:46 EDT 2013

On Friday 19 April 2013, Gregoire Aujay wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It seems that the Projetct(name NONE) macro requires the CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM
> to be defined.

in usual setups this is not a problem.

> This CMakelists will trigger a CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM not found, when trying to
> cross-compile with code sourcery toolchain which is using a non-trivial
> make program name:
>
> cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)
>
> Project(Foo NONE)
>
> # Init my stuff
> set(CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM cs-make.exe CACHE STRING "make program" FORCE)

You should be able to set that in the toolchain file.
Alternatively, cs-make could be added to to CMakeUnixFindMake.cmake.
Is cs-make (I guess "code sourcery make") in some way special or more or less
or normal make compiled by them, which can be used like any other make ?

Alex