[CMake] Using CMake GUI without any compiler

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Apr 19 11:40:13 EDT 2013

On 4/19/2013 7:20 AM, Jitesh.Butala at ifm.com wrote:
> I would like to generate the projects for all the different
> flavors of C / C++ compilers that we would like to support.
> Unfortunately, I
> do not have all the flavors installed on my machine. Is it possible for me
> to generate the projects without the CMake GUI complaining that I do not
> have the compiler installed? An example of the error that I see is -
>
> CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to
> "Visual Studio 10".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to
> select a different build tool.
No that is not possible with CMake.  The end users must run CMake on
each system where you want to do a build.  CMake must be installed as
well as the compiler tool chain being used.

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#Why_does_CMake_use_full_paths.2C_or_can_I_copy_my_build_tree.3F

-Bill

--
Bill Hoffman