[CMake] Cpack generated RPM and changed binary file size in 2.8.10

jupiter jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 07:43:51 EDT 2013

Hi,

I have a wired situation, I have a binary file (ELF 64-bit LSB
executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared
libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, stripped) in bin directory, I then I run
"cpack -G RPM" to generate an RPM package. After install the RPM
package in another machine, the size of the binary file (82576 KB) is
different from original binary file (106228 KB). Some functions in
that packaged binary file did not run correctly. Could anyone help to
explain me why the size of binary file changes? And how to fix it?

Thank you.

Kind regards.