[CMake] nested replacement with @@

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 15:04:52 EDT 2013

2013/4/10 Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>

> 2013/4/10 Nico Schlömer <nico.schloemer at gmail.com>
>

>> Replacing the above line by
>>
>> @@PROJECT_NAME at _VERSION@
>>
>> doesn't work however: The output file contains
>>
>> @Myproject_VERSION@
>>
>> i.e., only the inner variable was replaced.
>>
>> How to fix this?
>>

> May be it's a feature not a bug.
> (honestly I don't know but I guess the behavior has probably been here
>  for ages so that people may rely on it)

Did you realize you post almost the same question on August 2012;
 http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2012-August/051503.html

and some times after that somebody else stepped-in:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2012-September/052016.html

none of those messages did seem to get answered??

Any Kitware guy wanting to step in order to teach us whether if
it is a feature or a bug?

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org