[CMake] Quick question: CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS vs CMAKE_CXX_COMPILE_FLAGS

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 05:21:39 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

What is the difference between CMAKE_CXX_COMPILE_FLAGS and CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS?

The wiki only mentions CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS and CMAKE_C_FLAGS, and those
are clearly used for compiling. But if you Google for CMake examples
(e.g with MPI) you will quickly find CMake scripts that have
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILE_FLAGS.

I am experimenting with CMake and I want to figure out if I should be
using CMAKE_Fortran_FLAGS or CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILE_FLAGS.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
Lord of the rings calendar in your Linux/Unix/Mac terminal: cat
/usr/share/calendar/calendar.lotr