[CMake] CMake/Ninja support in Qt Creator

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Sep 25 11:29:56 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 7:26 AM, Peter Kümmel <syntheticpp at gmx.net> wrote:
> On 19.09.2012 08:08, Wouter van Kleunen wrote:
>>
>> Peter,
>>
>> i had 2.8.9-pre3 before, i upgraded to 2.8.9. But only after deleting
>> the CMakeLists user file from qtcreator, deleting the build directory
>> and restarting qtcreator I was able to get the option to build with Ninja.
>>
>> Anyway, it seems to work fine now, and the building is much faster.
>

> I've uploaded a new version:
>
> - Now out-of-source project files are supported (for cmake projects).
>   There will be two new files in the build folder CMake.qtcreator and
> CMakeLists.txt.user
>   CMake.qtcreator should be opened with creator.
>
> - out-of-source is default, could be changed by a check box in the wizard
>
> - shipped ninja.exe (>1.0.0) is found automatically
>
> - generators are updated when cmake is selected in the wizard
>
> - a cmake warning about QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE could be suppressed when the
> project doesn't use Qt

I just saw this thread, on Linux if I already have CMake 2.8.9 and a
recent ninja build I take it I just need your patched Qt Creator? I
tried adding custom build steps and that kind of works but I lose the
warning/error parsing - would that work with this patched version?

Thanks for all your work, I am looking forward to Ninja generator
integration in Qt Creator!

Marcus