[CMake] JOM Makefile generation issue

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Oct 30 12:31:21 EDT 2012

It seems I was the culsprit with writing my python script as I
essentially used "-G\"foo bar\"". Having dropped the inner quotes, it
worked. However, I am now getting strange errors that I have not seen
before. :)

-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
CMake Error: Could not COPY_FILE.
  OutputFile: ''
    copyFile: 'C:/Projects/share/foo/bar/hello/world/build_i386_win_vc_debug/CMakeFiles/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI_C.bin'

Unable to find executable for try_compile: tried
"C:/Projects/share/foo/bar/hello/world/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/cmTryCompileExec.exe"
and "C:/Projects/share/foo/bar/hello/world/build
/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec.exe" and
"C:/Projects/share/foo/bar/hello/world/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Development/cm
TryCompileExec.exe".

-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
CMake Error at C:/Projects/share/foo/bar/tools/cmake-2.8.2-win32-x86/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI.cmake:40
(FILE):
  file STRINGS file
  "C:/Projects/share/foo/bar/hello/world/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI_C.bin"
  cannot be read.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/Projects/share/foo/bar/tools/cmake-2.8.2-win32-x86/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:71
(CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ABI)
  CMakeLists.txt:2 (project)

-- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Projects/share/foo/bar/tools/bin/cl.exe
-- Check for working CXX compiler:
C:/Projects/share/foo/bar/tools/bin/cl.exe -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
CMake Error: Could not COPY_FILE.
  OutputFile: ''
    copyFile: 'C:/Projects/share/foo/bar/hello/world/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI_CXX.bin'

... things like that. Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

Laszlo