[CMake] Continue install after a failure

Petr Kmoch petr.kmoch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 03:22:34 EDT 2012

Hi Andreas,

thanks for your tip. Unfortunately, 'make -k install' doesn't help, as the
entire install step is a single command (cmake -P ...), so once this fails,
there is no other command make could continue with. Is there no way to do
this natively in cmake?

I could (in theory) add OPTIONAL to all install() commands, but that has
the problem of being absolutely silent when a file is not found, and I'd
need at least a message or warning. Is cmake really all-or-nothing in this
aspect, or does anyone know a feature I'm overlooking?

Thanks for any help.

Petr