[CMake] Fwd: [cmake-developers] Bugs on the roadmap

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 02:35:21 EDT 2012

Forgot the list, sorry.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>
Date: 2012/10/17
Subject: Re: [cmake-developers] Bugs on the roadmap
To: Rolf Eike Beer <eike at sf-mail.de>

2012/10/16 Rolf Eike Beer <eike at sf-mail.de>:
> David Cole wrote:

> Those sound like Alex should have a look.
>
>> 0011785: [CPack] CPack no stripping with MinGW and NSIS - new.
>
> Probably Eric.

I already did and put some request for feedback on the tracker
No answer since then.
Unfortunately I'm so seldomly working on a Windows box
that Windows specific test needs Windows tester...

I'll try again to reproduce the problem on Linux (as Andreas did).

In any case, I pushed it to 2.8.11.

>> 0012373: [Documentation] Specify version changes with each
>> commands/variables - new.
>
> This could be done by everyone that is bored I think. How do we want to have
> it? I found "(since 2.8.x)" and "[Since 2.8.x]", but only for variables in
> Find*.cmake modules.

We could add a "since" and "last modified in" doc entry for each var/command
but I agree that this is a painful and boring task.

The idea I think would be to have some builtin support for:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Version_Compatibility_Matrix

I think we should discuss and define the way we want to do that
and then put this as a [possibly endless] improving loop.

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org

--