[CMake] cmake on Windows x64

Arindam Mukherjee arindam.mukerjee at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 07:24:46 EDT 2012

Hi,

I noticed that there is cmake binary package for Windows x64. Should a
32-bit cmake (under syswow6432) be adequate for all cmake tasks? If
not, what is the right way to build cmake for 64-bit. I tried building
it on a 32-bit build server using the 64 bit generator (this build
server routinely does 64-bit cross compiles). However, apparently some
of the products of the 64-bit build are run to generate sources that
are built by other parts of the build. This being a 32-bit box does
not allow that and hence the cross-compile to 64-bit failed.

Regards,
Arindam