[CMake] Random behavior of CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS

Nils Gladitz gladitz at sci-vis.de
Thu Oct 4 09:10:29 EDT 2012

This seems to happen with my windows builds (icl 11.1, 12.1 and
microsoft cl from VS 2005/2010 cmake 2.8.7) in some shape or form but my
gcc and clang builds on linux are warning free (cmake 2.8.9) though the
clang build without launchers actually had some warnings in it.

I exclude a 3rdparty subtree of the project by adding its name to
CTEST_CUSTOM_WARNING_EXCEPTION.
With e.g. intel 11.1 (+ VS 2005) most warnings from that subtree are
ignored (many #1786 CRT strcpy etc. deprecation warnings) but the
warnings in one of those files survives even though it looks identical
(same subtree, same #1786 warning) to the ones that were ignored.

Very puzzling.

Nils

E-Mail: gladitz at scivis.de
Web: www.scivis.de