[CMake] How to get Visual Studio to use more than a single core for compiling

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 09:23:04 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 7:21 AM, Michael Jackson
<mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> wrote:

> On Nov 27, 2012, at 12:46 AM, Titus von Boxberg <titus at v9g.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 27.11.2012 05:24, schrieb Michael Jackson:
>>> That will teach me to hit enter in GMail..
>>>
>>> My question is this: What is the magic CMake incantation to get Visual
>>> Studio 2010 to use more than a single processor when compiling my
>>> project?
>> You could add /MP to CMAKE_C_FLAGS and CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS
>>
>> Regards
>> Titus
>> --
>>

> Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.

I can tell you that sometimes its hard to get Visual Studio to make
good use of your cores (especially if you have 8 or 12 threads) even
though multithreded building is on. I believe there are too many parts
of the chain that are single threaded only.

John