[CMake] Using cmake built dll:s in build tree

Thomas Nilsson thomas.nilsson at responsive.se
Fri Nov 16 17:18:20 EST 2012

On DLL platforms (Windows and Cygwin) shared libraries are found through the PATH and not in some .../lib directory. (There the link stubs are kept.)

If I build a shared library in one part of my build tree how can I make sure that this is the DLL that will be loaded when I run an executable from some other part of my build tree using cmake?

This would mean that the PATH need to be set so I can do that if I run from the command line. But is it possible to modify the PATH from within Cmake so that e.g. tests always use the correct DLL?

/Thomas