[CMake] cpack source RPM not setting install path

Ben Levine blevine at belvederetrading.com
Fri Nov 9 18:10:06 EST 2012

It presents a make package_source option.  And using this does create a
(mostly) reasonable spec file.  I'm actually just looking to deploy
source code via this method rather then create a "true" source RPM.

Ben

Ben Levine
Belvedere Trading
(312)893-3760 #253

On 11/09/2012 05:05 PM, Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2012/11/9 Ben Levine <blevine at belvederetrading.com>:
>> I'm trying to create a source RPM that will install source to a given
>> path.  Regardless of what parameters I set for CPACK I  end up with an
>> RPM that installs the source in "/".  If I create a binary RPM it
>> respects the path set in the CPACK_PACKAGING_INSTALL_PREFIX variable.
>> It seems that no
>>   combination of settings will cause the source RPM to install into any
>> path other then /.  If I look at the spec file it looks like the Prefix:
>> is set, but the entire files section appears to have been set with
>> absolute paths.
> How do you build a Source RPM with CPack?
> CPack RPM is not meant to build source RPM.
>
> In fact CPack does not really knows about "Source" at all.
>
>> How can I tell cpack to use a specific prefix for a source RPM?  (It
>> would be fine if it built the RPM as non-relocatable as long as the path
>> was set).
> The baseline is CPack is not meant to build Source RPM, it can build
> source "bare archive" like TGZ, ZIP and the like by "packaging" the source
> directory but it cannot build source RPM nor DEB.
>
> How do you do to build source RPM with CPack?

Confidentiality Notice
The information transmitted in this electronic mail (e-mail) is the property of Belvedere Trading LLC. This e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain material that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected by law. Any review, retention, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this e-mail in error, please alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail and any attachments in their entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.

All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. Emails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by email.