[CMake] Visual Studio macro execution inconsistency

Robert Dailey rcdailey.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 18:58:10 EST 2012

There is a macro installed into Visual Studio 2008 by CMake that
detects when the solution & projects have been regenerated and will
allow me to reload the solution without clicking through hundreds of
individual reload confirmations for each project.

I find that this macro works fine if I work directly from the solution
generated by the top-level project() command (in the root
CMakeLists.txt script), however it does not work for any solutions I
use further down the output directory tree from other project() calls.

When I work from these other solutions, CMake is successfully invoked
when scripts are changed, but I do not get any confirmation to reload
the solution from the macro.

Any reason why this doesn't work? Is it a problem on my end, or is
this a known issue?