[CMake] Change RPATH at the packaging stage

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 05:06:29 EDT 2012

2012/11/1 Vyacheslav Karamov <UbuntuList at yandex.ru>:
> Hi All!
>
> Is it possible to change rpath at the packaging stage?

CPack is using cmake_install.cmake scripts which gets influenced
by CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH variable and/or INSTALL_RPATH target property.

Did you try to play with that? i.e.

SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH "/opt/chatterbox")

you may try to set this in a CPACK_PROJECT_CONFIG_FILE
in order to set it to a "CPack-time" specific value.

That said I'm not sure it'll work because I don't know for sure "when exactly"
CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH is processed, but iit's simple to try.

> I have CMake based project with CPack directives in its CMake script:
>
>  if(${CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME} STREQUAL "Linux" AND EXISTS "${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/CPack.cmake")
>
>     SET(install_dir "/opt/chatterbox")
>
>     SET(CMAKE_SKIP_BUILD_RPATH TRUE)
>
>     SET(CMAKE_BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH TRUE)
>
>     SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH "/usr/local/lib")
>
>     SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH FALSE)

> endif()
> --

Erk
http://www.le-message.org