[CMake] selective compilation according to suffix

Ilias Miroslav Miroslav.Ilias at umb.sk
Tue May 29 04:48:45 EDT 2012

Dear CMake experts,

in our project we have some categories of compiler flags, like 'safe flags'-no optimization, 'runtime checking flags', 'profiling flags' and so on.

I would like to have defined own filename extensions according to  specific compilers flags, let say

make VERBOSE=1 source_file.r  compiles source file (C,Fortran,C++) with runtime checking flags
make VERBOSE=1 source_file.s  creates object  without optimizatin
make VERBOSE=1 source_file.rs  creates object file with runtime checking flags and without optimization

and make source_file.o makes 'classic' object file.

Any clues, please ?

Best,

Miro