[CMake] CPack: Installing applications in separate folders (NSIS)

NoRulez norulez at me.com
Mon May 21 12:39:21 EDT 2012

Hi,

I know that the install commands collect files and copy them into the temporary cpack directory for the specified generator.
How is it possible to install an application for example into those folders:
C:\myapp
C:\somefolder

I defined 'Var CustomDir="C:\somefolder"' in the NSIS template.

When I then use the following in the CMakeLists.txt:
install(FILES ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/somefolder/myfile.txt DESTINATION $CustomDir)

Then the files are installed in _CPACK_PACKAGES/NSIS/myproject_1.0.0.1/$CustomDir.
The generated project.nsi has the content: $INSTDIR\$CustomDir\...

How can I avoid that $INSTDIR\ is added, or did I need to use the install command in a different way?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
NoRulez