[CMake] Intel compilers

Mohammad Mirzadeh mirzadeh at gmail.com
Thu May 10 20:21:23 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have just started using CMake for my projects and have some problems
getting it do exactly the things I want. So these are couple of questions I
have:

1) How can I change the compiler from GNU g++ to my preferred compiler, in
this case intel's icc? I have tried CC=icc; ccmake ../ but that again
defaults to g++ and picks up wrong compiler flags

2) When I use the -ipo flag for icc, intel compiler complains that there
are unresolved references whereas if I omit that, or just use g++, I don't
have linking problems. Does the order of compilation (except main) matter
when using target_link_libraries?

3) How can I change from creating static libraries to just simply create
object files and link to them?

Thanks