[CMake] CPack doesn't recognize custom templates

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed May 9 13:50:24 EDT 2012

2012/5/9 David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>:
> What do your install commands look like?
>
> You're not trying to install files into absolute paths on Windows, are you?

This can be checked easily by running:

cpack --debug -G NSIS

then you should get message like:

Got some ABSOLUTE DESTINATION FILES: ...<list of files>

This can be found in cmake_install.cmake as well, where some

list(APPEND CPACK_ABSOLUTE_DESTINATION_FILES ....

statement may be found.

> (i.e. -- all things should be installed underneath
> CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX in a normal 'make install' tree in order to work
> well on Windows with the NSIS generator.)

May be we could add some explicit warning/error in CPack when a specific
generator cannot handle absolute destination?

David: what do you think, would it be useful ?

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org