[CMake] Contributing to CMake

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Fri Mar 30 20:24:52 EDT 2012

Hi David,

This is great :)

If you created some patch that are fixing bugs, the best is to create an
entry on the tracker,  attach the patch to it. More details here [1].

Depending on what you want to contribute (some feature for example - see
[3]), you may also want to discuss it first on the list. For example to
make sure you are not working on something that already being addressed by
somebody else.

Reading [2] and [4] may also be helpful.

Hth
Jc

[1] http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#I_found_a_Bug.21_What_should_I_do.3F
[2] http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2011-June/044929.html
[3]
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#I_want_a_new_feature_in_CMake._What_should_I_do.3F
[4] http://www.cmake.org/cmake/project/getinvolved.html

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM, David Golub <golubdr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I’m interested in contributing some patches to CMake.  Could you let me
> know how one goes about beginning to contribute to the project?  Thank you
> very much.****
>
> ** **
>
> David Golub****
>
> --