[CMake] [CPACK] symlink problem and man cpack issue

kassim orra kassimorra at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 12:37:40 EDT 2012

Hi All !

I'm using cmake for a few months ago and I just started to try to use cpack
to distribute my application. I use some lib's, including some Kitware
libraries. I had build a CPackConfig.cmaje file and when I execute "cpack",
I receive the following message:

CPack: Create package using TGZ
CPack: Install projects
CPack: - Install directory: /root/medsquare/
CPack Error: Cannot create symlink: /lib/libvtkgdcm.so.2.0-->
libvtkgdcm.so.2.0.18

My main question is: I searched at the history of the CMake archive and
found the answer that I should type "cpack -E create_symlink" that should
solve it. But it didn't work and my doubt include the fact that this option
doesn't appear at the Man CPACK file or the website documentation.

Someone has already passed trough it ?

Here is my cpack lines:

set(CPACK_GENERATOR, "TZ")
set(CPACK_INSTALL_DIRECTORY "MedSquare")
set(CPACK_SOURCE_INSTALLED_DIRECTORIES "/root/medsquare/;source")
set(CPACK_DEFAULT_LOCATION "./")
set(CPACK_INCLUDE_TOPLEVEL_DIRECTORY "1")
set(CPACK_INSTALL_CMAKE_PROJECTS "/root/medsquare/source")
set(CPACK_INTALL_PREFIX "/root/medsquare/installer")
set(CPACK_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME "medsquare")
set(CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY "/root/medsquare")
set(CPACK_PACKAGING_INSTALL_PREFIX "/root/medsquare")
include(CPack)

Thanks,

Kassim