[CMake] C++ project structure best practices

Giovanni Azua bravegag at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 09:01:39 EDT 2012

Hello,

I'm used to Maven where I create a new archetype (mvn archetype:generate) and the conventional project structure is created for me.

I will be creating a relatively large C++ project and would like it to start it using CMake best practices ... how can I do that?  Would buying the Mastering CMake book help?

Basically my project will be:

1) mainly C++
2) link to Intel MKL
3) compile and link against a few third-party fortran routines.

I will be then building libraries to make them available to Matlab and Java.

TIA,
Best regards,
Giovanni