[CMake] Working with Multiple Projects

Hashim Mir hmir at rim.com
Mon Mar 19 11:44:04 EDT 2012

Hi there,

I am currently working on transitioning over a project (that has multiple subprojects inside of it) over to Cmake.

There is one thing that I am not sure about - basically, to include the subprojects from the top level CMakeLists.txt file, I just utilize the add_subdirectory command, and reference to the directories that these various subprojects are stored under.

However, I have one project that is in the same directory as my top level CMakeLists.txt file, and so I am wondering if it is possible to still include this file somehow? CMake does not allow me to call add_subdirectory on the existing PROJECT_BINARY_DIR, and I cannot think of another way for me to include this subproject into my Cmake build.

Thanks in advance,
Hashim