[CMake] [cmake-developers] CPack: GetPrerequisites: cross-compiling from Linux to Windows

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 10:46:50 EST 2012

2012/3/6 David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>:

> Just an FYI from the original author of GetPrerequisites here:
> cross-packaging was not even considered as we developed it. If it
> works at all, it's by happy accident.
>
> I always envisioned packaging as occurring on a "host == target" platform.

Thus my initial remark:

"Cross-compiling is one thing, cross packaging is another one
(which may be difficult or impossible in the general case)."

> If we want to support cross-packaging for real in CMake/CPack, then we
> need some dashboard submissions that build such a beast, and submit
> nightly... so that we can monitor for errors when we do make changes
> to the source tree.
>

> Thanks, and best of luck here,

I just wanted to help Dominik to go as far as I can
but I won't certainly have time to create test cases nor dashboard for that.

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org