[CMake] failing target

Michael Hertling mhertling at online.de
Tue Mar 6 08:45:42 EST 2012

On 03/06/2012 12:21 PM, Andrea Crotti wrote:
> On 03/06/2012 07:23 AM, Michael Hertling wrote:
>> On 03/05/2012 05:59 PM, Andrea Crotti wrote:
>>> I'm having the following behaviour, and I can't quite understand the
>>> error message:
>>>
>>> ..
>>> Built target psi.utility_install
>>> ..
>>> make[3]: *** No rule to make target `psi.utility_install', needed by
>>> `CMakeFiles/install_all_eggs'.  Stop.
>>> make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/install_all_eggs.dir/all] Error 2
>>> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/unzip_all_eggs.dir/rule] Error 2
>>> make: *** [unzip_all_eggs] Error 2
>>>

>>> So first it builds successfully psi.utility_install and then it
>>> complains that there are no rules to make it.
>>> Who is right then and what could cause such a problem?
>>>
>>> This is happening on a strange Linux machine, on Windows with MinGW it's
>>> working (strangely)..
>> Could you boil down your project to a minimal and self-sufficient
>> example which exhibits this behavior for further investigations?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Michael
>> --
>>

> That's quite tricky unfortunately, I hoped that someone saw something
> similar already and
> could give me a hint..
> Anyway that machine is not a priority at the moment I'll just see later
> when it's more stable.

Could you post the lines which define those targets psi.utility_install
and install_all_eggs, or is this quite tricky, too? Do these lines stem
from the same CMakeLists.txt? IIRC, the "no rule to make... needed by"
error occurs when there's something wrong with the DEPENDS clause of
ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND/TARGET().

Regards,

Michael