[CMake] Generated library location

Kevin Nathan knathan at project54.com
Sun Mar 4 14:55:40 EST 2012

On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 19:50:50 +0100
Rolf Eike Beer <eike at sf-mail.de> wrote:

>Am Sonntag, 4. März 2012, 11:28:47 schrieb Kevin Nathan:
>> ...doing an out-of-source build, my 'old-common' library (which will
>> eventually be phased out) ends up in ./build/old-common but the
>> source for prog2 and prog3 all look for it in ./old-common.
>
>target_link_libraries(prog2 old-common)
>target_link_libraries(prog3 old-common)

Thanks, Eike! That's what I was doing, so your suggestion told me I
hadn't messed up there and I went looking for the problem a little
deeper. That's when I found that in the "link_directories" command, in
two of the CMakeLists.txt files, was pointing to an old dir (from the
old code) and I hadn't updated it to use the "old-common" dir. (The
curse of copy/paste when you aren't sure of what you're doing!) Now,
it's working -- thanks, again!

--
Kevin Nathan (Arizona, USA)
http://www.project54.com

Open standards. Open source. Open minds.
The command line is the front line.
Linux 2.6.37.6-0.11-desktop
 12:49pm  up 18 days 22:08,  13 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.19, 0.22