[CMake] Generated library location

Kevin Nathan knathan at project54.com
Sun Mar 4 13:28:47 EST 2012

I have inherited maintenance (and updating) on a program that was
spread over three different source root trees and I have incorporated
them into one source tree. Since I am fairly new to CMake (and really
loving it compared to autotools), I am probably missing something
obvious, but here is my problem: doing an out-of-source build, my
'old-common' library (which will eventually be phased out) ends up
in ./build/old-common but the source for prog2 and prog3 all look for
it in ./old-common. Is there a command I can use to cause CMake to
actually build the lib in ./old-common (or move it there) or do I need
to write a command to copy it after generation? Or should I just use an
in-source build (which I would prefer not to do)? Or is there another
obvious solution which I cannot see? I have been looking through this
mailing list and combing through the CMake docs but I just cannot see
an easy solution...

   .
   |-build
   |---old-common
   |---src
   |-----prog2
   |-----dao
   |-----prog3
   |-----reports
   |-----types
   |-lib (not yet used)
   |-old-common (old lib source)
   |-src (contains prog1 source)
   |---prog2 (source)
   |---dao (lib source)
   |---prog3 (source)
   |---reports (lib source)
   |---types (lib source)

--
Kevin Nathan (Arizona, USA)
http://www.project54.com

Open standards. Open source. Open minds.
The command line is the front line.
Linux 2.6.37.6-0.11-desktop
 11:27am  up 18 days 20:45,  13 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.22, 0.23