[CMake] Fortran 90 Module Issues in CMake

Matthew Schuchard ms503 at gtri.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 1 15:50:42 EST 2012

On 3/1/2012 2:38 PM, Matthew Schuchard wrote:
>>/  I did see those links on the bug report for Fortran 90 module dependency in subdirectories,
/>/>  but I am having some kind of XML schema error preventing me from viewing them in Firefox.
/
>  To what bug report do you refer, and to what links?

I cannot find it anymore, but it was from 2010/2011 and somebody had supplied a patch, but then you
replied by saying you were in the middle of developing a fix yourself.  Later on you provided the same
links you provided in the previous message as an example of it functioning now.  It was to fix Fortran 90
module dependency generation in subdirectories.

>>/  If I understand you correctly, you are saying that to generate the module dependencies in my example case,
/
>  I must not understand your example case correctly.  Please post
>  a sample source tree tarball to reproduce it with CMakeLists.txt
>  files and the Fortran90 sources.

>  Thanks,
>  -Brad

Unfortunately, this software is also proprietary, but I have found that this person:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2010-November/040832.html
had a very similar problem.

About fifteen messages down, it appears your suggestion was to manually add dependencies with "add_dependencies"
because of the build time Fortran 90 module dependency determination.

The problem is I need a Fortran 90 file to be built using a module from another Fortran 90 file in the same
directory and target, and I need this often.
So I need some global method.
I am guessing that Fortran 90 module dependency generation is not possible during configuration time?
Fortran and Ada making everything difficult.

Thanks for the assistance thus far.