[CMake] Latest Xcode install (4.3.x) and CMake error

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Jun 28 09:16:31 EDT 2012

I have the latest Xcode installed on a new Mac Laptop and I am trying to configure my project with CMake and generate Xcode projects but I am getting the following error:

CMake Error at /Applications/CMake 2.8-8.app/Contents/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:52 (MESSAGE):
 The C compiler "/usr/bin/gcc" is not able to compile a simple test program.

 It fails with the following output:

  Change Dir: /Users/svenkata/Desktop/Work/Tomography/TomoSoftware/HAADFSTEM/C-Code/eimtomo_Mike/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

 Run Build Command:/Applications/CMake\ 2.8-8.app/Contents/bin/cmakexbuild
 -project CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE.xcodeproj build -target
 cmTryCompileExec2510098932 -configuration Debug

 Error: No developer directory found at /Developer.  Run
 /usr/bin/xcode-select to update the developer directory path.

 CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
 CMakeLists.txt:11 (project)

Is there anything special with this setup that I should know about?

Thanks